Saturday, February 21, 2009

A few words on ... 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'


So on my first night out in a little bit less than a week, I saw 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'. It has been panned by most critics, and could be considered "mindless fizz". Well if this is mindless fizz then it's of the best possible caliber. The Dom PĂ©rignon of mindless fizz, 'Shopaholic', was just what I was looking for after my seemingly never-ending bought of illness. Isla Fisher was charmingly hysterical, Hugh Dancy was adorable, and the jokes and clothes flew by like nothing. It was some of the most fun I've had at the movies recently, regardless of the fact that the plotline was a little bit of the improbable side.

Okay, a lot on the improbable side. Whatever. Go see it: it's a blast.

1 comment:

  1. Improbability is the point of cinema.

    I ♥ Isla so much.

    ReplyDelete